The Boardroom was planned to be a garage for Logie House. A second floor above this was planned for chauffeur’s and visiting chauffeur’s accommodation. If completed, the scale of the building would have rivalled Logie House.
As it was, the war came along and the building was boarded up and not used again until 2013 when it was renovated and became part of Logie Steading Visitor Centre as we know it today. Amazingly, despite the patched-over flat roof, the lack of door coverings and the 1920’s windows that had only ever been primed, much of the building was in excellent condition and the windows didn’t even need to be replaced.